Tuesday, March 13, 2007

nothing can be done regarding this

Hi friends,

I stay in pUne and am using the Reliance Broadnet service 150 kbps plan (unlimeted version).
When i was contacted by the reliance sales person and was made aware of the various plans they had. I first decided to take the 75kbps unlimeted plan (costed Rs.400 per month). at that time the sales person was saying that i would certainly be getting the state 75kbps speed due to various reasons of they alocating more that 75kbps bandwidth to each customer. So i finalised to take the plan and gave them the 500 rs cheque as installation charges.
It took them more than a month to get the connection placed at my home with me regularly calling their sales team , then installation team.
After a lot of effort finally the connection was up and running after almost 1 1/2 month.
I found that the speed was pretty decent. I was getting a maximum speed of 72 kbps (9 KB/s)in midnight and almost 64 kbps(8 KB/s) in day time. I was pretty happy about it.
After observing this performance for 4 -5 days, i felt that if i take the 150 kbps plan my download speed should almost double i.e. it would have been almost 16 - 18 kbps.So i told reliance customer care to upgrade my plan to 150 kbps (Rs.750 per month).
That request got served the very next day.
But to my surprise i was not getting the 150 kbps speed at all. I was just getting a speed of 95 kbps maximum.
So i started complaining the customer care regarding this every day. They use to always tell me to send a ping and trace report to there mail address. This happened for almost 4 days. But the problem was not solved.
They i got feed up and asked told the customer care executive that i want to talk to some senior person over there. After one or 2 days they finally allowed me to talk with there senior person. Who told me that she would be forwarding my complaint to the network department on high priority.
After that finally some of their engineer contacted me and initially told me that there was some server problem so please bare with the low speed for another 2 days. I thought that it would be fine to wait for another 2 days if my problem would get solved.
But the problem still persisted after 2 days also. Then again i contacted the customer care and then they finally sent a engineer to my place to see what actually the problem was. When he came he saw that i was certainly getting the speed of 85 kbps using the reliance speedometer site.
Then he contacted his senior person, to inform him about this and then to mumbai office for solving the problem. But the lady in mumbai office was like there is not problem going on server side and that is (85 - 90 kbps) is the maximum speed that could be possible on this 150 kbps plan. I was shocked to know that they declaring that by talking a plan of 150 kbps plan i would be just getting a speed of 85 - 90 kbps.
Now they have declared that nothing can be done regarding this. They are like, BROADNET is not a leased line and so even if we say that the connection speed is 150 kbps, it does not mean you are assured of getting 150 kbps.
Even i do agree that i would not be getting the stated 150 kbps, but atleast a speed of 130 kbps and above should be there sometime during entire period of 15 days. But no i have never got a speed of anything above 95 kbps.
Don't you people feel that reliance if cheating us working in this style. I have posted this because i wanted the other people to know, what the facts are.
Also i have heard from reliance engineers and from few of the other people having reliance connection that they are not getting speeds. They are just getting the speed of 60 - 65 % of what their connection speed is.

Come on spread this message to all the people around you. We should force reliance to change their businees style by not opting for reliance connection.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home