Friday, March 02, 2007

I have 2 broadband connections in Pune

Hi all,

This is my first post to these forums.

I have 2 broadband connections in Pune currently, one from Tata Indicom Broadband, and another from Reliance Broadnet. I have a 256 kbps unlimited connection from Tata Indicom (its really a strech of imagination calling 256 kbps broadband, but beggars can't really be choosers). From Reliance I have a 2mbps connection that is limited to 1GB of data transfer.

I use a Xincom 502 dual WAN router to hook up to both my broadband accounts, and this in turn feeds into a Netgear wireless router. On my network I have a number of computers (Macs and PCs) and standalone IP devices (for audio, video, voice, etc).

The router is designed to provide load balancing, QoS as well as automatic failover redudancy in case one broadband connection should go down (which happens far more frequently than I like).

I have setup the Tata Indicom connection to be my primary connection, with the Reliance one to kicking in only if I need the additional bandwidth or if the Tata one dies. In general this setup works pretty well ... the one major drawback is the pesky login that the reliance network needs. If I am at home using a computer it is relatively simple matter to click on the login button. However if its only devices that are running, or if I am accessing my network from outside, then it becomes rather inconvenient.

My questions are:

1) Is it possible to circumvent this need to login? Is it possible to get into the administration page of the Reliance UTStarcom UT-300R2 ADSL Modem?

2) If it isn't possible to circumvent this login, how long does the login on the Reliance connection hold if no packets are being sent through? Can it be left always on?

2) If this is not possible, are there any other broadband providers that can provide similar throughput without need for a web login? (PPPoE authentication is fine - my router can do that automagically)

Thanks in advance!

1 Comments:

At 4:18 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Dear Sir,

I would like to know some inforamtion pertaining to open a reliance petrol pump. You are requesed to kindly let me know the following details.

1. Land Requirement
2. Capital Investment
3. Any other information pertaining to the project

An early response in this regard shall be highly appreciated.

Thanking you,

Yours faithfuly
saroj

 

Post a Comment

<< Home